How to promote your small business in 2022?
The uncertainty has been a killer for many.
Some businesses thrived, some struggled, and some shut down.
Your pack will find you and you will love running your business even more.
My brain is a bit mushy this time of the year and moving between the creative and analytical is hard.
But I want to share with you a few points.
Your road map in marketing and SEO for 2022.
If you are local business:
- Use Google Business Profile as much (or even more) IG and FB channels for awareness.
- Be yourself! It’s so competitive. And Covid created extra segmentation. Don’t copy others, don’t please everyone. Your pack will find you and you will love running your business even more.
- Get yourself on google and apple maps, local directories.
- Go back to old but good marketing channel- printing material.
- Collaborate with local businesses that have the same audience.
- Update your website. Give detailed information about your services, products, work process, returns (if any). The FAQ page is a must. It will save your time “big time” and
time is one of the most significant costs for small businesses.
If you sell internationally:
- Tell your international audience throughout all marketing channels why they should buy from you (not local). Create “a myth” or show obvious benefits for them.
- Regularly update information for shipping and returns. Consider changing your shipping company (e.g., country’s post to a private carrier if time/cost matters)
- If you struggle with marketing, connect/become a member of your country fellows where your audience is. (e.g., selling made in Australia products? -join Australians in the USA group). They can become your advocates and always will support their “pack”.
- International SEO can be tough. Do your basic on-page-SEO with a local specialist/copywriter. There is nothing worse than auto-translation without localisation.
Create “a myth” or show obvious benefits for them.
It’s not easy, I know.
Pick one, tick the box, move to the next one.
I’m going to!
-update my own website - create new service packages (you will love it)
I’ll be watching the world with one eye shut, with a glass of wine in one hand, and spending time with boys (small and big).
So, if you need some help, shout out.
You know where to find me ;-)
Sending you hugs, because I hug my clients )